Medium to high flow, <3°F (2°C) subcool operation
Two piece tri-clamp body, balanced port, medium high flow thermostatic sanitary steam trap with vertical or horizontal inlet and outlet connections for pure steam SIP and loop drainage applications in biopharmaceutical and aseptic food & beverage and certain consumer health & beauty industry applications.
- Up and downstream process vessel: small to medium sized vessel, or large vessel bypass loop trap, validated SIP drainage applications
- Up and downstream process: validated SIP tubing drain applications
- Sterile filter: validated SIP condensate drain from filters
- Clean steam distribution: loop drainage and point of use PCV drainage applications
- Clean steam humidification drainage in air handlers
- Low subcooling operation reduces probability of SIP delays caused by temperature validation faults
- Lay-in dimension allows drop in replacement of higher subcool, competitive traps
- Easy thermal element (bellows assembly replacement only installs in one direction) error-proof
- New design provides excellent flow rates with low subcooling – improves heat-up drainage
- Self-draining when installed vertically (body outlet side down) – either vertical or horizontal connections
- Solid barstock body with fewer cracks and crevices than competitive designs
- Size Range: 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/2″ (DN15, DN20, DN25, DN40)
- Installation Connection Orientation: Vertical, Horizontal
- Connection Type: ASME, DIN, ISO Tri-Clamp and Tube Weld Ends
- Maximum Pressure Temperature: 145 psig (10 barg) @ 350°F (177°C)
- Max. Recommended Differential Pressure: MK93: 10 – 50 psi (0,7 – 3,4 bar); MK93 Option P: 45 – 90 psi (3,1 – 6,2 bar)
- Materials of Construction: Wetted body/plug material: ASTM A479 316L or optional DIN 1.4435; Body Gaskets: Various – all FDA and USP Class VI
- Nominal Cv (Kv): 3.8 (3,30)
- Surface Finish: Internal: SF1, 20 Ra μin (0,5 μm) standard; SF5, 20 Ra μin (0,5 Ra μm) electropolish or better optional
- Subcooling: Less than 3°F (2°C)
Our Steriflow Valve Express Program offers you options to get the products you need, when you need them. Many of our products are available for next business day shipment. Look for Steriflow Valve Express in the product descriptions.
Understanding the differences among the full line of Steriflow steam traps
Learn about some of the features and benefits of our most popular products.
- CRN (Canadian Registration Number)
- PED Category 1 (Pressure Equipment Directive)
- SEP Declaration (Sound Engineering Practice)
- ATEX Certified
- All products use FDA and USP Class VI approved soft goods and seals where possible. Consult each product data for details
Get A Quote
Know what you need and want a quote quickly? We can help! Fill out this form and we will get back to you shortly.