For compact, validated SIP sensor/steam trap drain installations
Compact, drainable, sanitary condensate chamber and steam trap assembly designed to replace or reduce the 12 - 18" (300 - 450mm) c-c dimension between traditional steam trap and validation sensors. Designed to reduce the time required for heat-up (improves drainage), and prevent condensate back-up during temperature maintenance (validation alarms).
- Upstream and downstream process vessels
- To accelerate heat-up and eliminate validation temperature alarms
- To allow installation of validated SIP drain line/traps where space is limited
- Mobile or stationary formulation vessel: to expedite SIP heat-up by installation on fixed, validated drain lines
- Increases process availability by:
- decreasing SIP heat-up time
- lowering the probability of SIP validation temperature alarms
- Increases drainage by cooling condensate before entering trap enabling the bellows to contract opening orifice
- Can reduce CAPex if assembly is purchased per-assembled compared with site fabricated installation
- Reduces the lineal space required for a validated SIP steam trap downcomber assembly by 80%
- Connection Size/Type: 3/4″ ASME BPE Tri-clamp end connections standard
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 145 psig (10 barg); Note: drain system maximum operating is determined by attached steam trap
- Materials of construction: ASME SA479 316L (UNS 31603) is standard. EN 10272:2000 GR 1.4435, AL-6XN®, Hastelloy C-22 and others are optional
- Capacity: Capacity dependent on trap attached to outlet. Unit cools condensate before steam trap enabling the bellows to contract, opening orifice further
- Surface Finish: Internal: SF1, 20 Ra μin (0,5 μm) standard; SF5, 20 Ra μin (0,5 μm) electropolish optional
- Radiant and Convective Heat Loss: Cools entering condensate by an average 30°F at ambient temperatures
A comprehensive overview of SIP, existing components, piping design, and the new technology used to reduce common problem occurrences.
Understanding the differences among the full line of Steriflow steam traps
- CRN (Canadian Registration Number)
- All products use FDA and USP Class VI approved soft goods and seals where possible. Consult each product data for details
Know what you need and want a quote quickly? We can help! Fill out this form and we will get back to you shortly.